Friday, February 14, 2014

A little bit of fridge decor

I am trying to play catch-up again. Most days I am crafting and then don't get to writing but here goes....

One day I was in a dollar store in a small town not far from here.  It isn't a big chain-store dollar store so I wasn't sure what they would have.  To my surprise I found little hard backed canvases in 4" x 6" size.  From an earlier post you can see that I combined some photos with paint and Mod Podge and made some little magnets for family members.

In gift stores I have seen inspirational magnets so thought that I could come up with my own verses/sayings and paint my own.  So I got out the paint and varnish and got to it.  Previously on other projects I have used magnet strips but I have found  self-adhesive magnet sheets that I was able to cut and these stay flat and are easier to use. To make the magnet extra secure, I spread a light layer of Weldbond glue on the canvas before sticking down the magnet.

Here are the results....  
All of the original verses are c. 2014 Sue Lane







Until next time...

You can follow me on Pinterest  at  http://www.pinterest.com/sue_montgomery/boards/ 

or contact me at penandinkwell@yahoo.com




Thanks for reading!

Sue





No comments:

Post a Comment