Thursday, October 2, 2014

Playing with more paint

I've been busy with more projects so take a look!

In previous blog posts I have shown pictures of chalk painted tables and a bookcase. I also posted the re-do of the old settee that has a new life.

These are my latest projects and I am in the process of working on some wooden buckets now and will finish those in the next few days. Come back soon to take a peek!



This night table started out with a shiny lacquer-type finish. To transform this, I mixed up my own batch of chalk paint using some latex semi-gloss paint (that I used in my kitchen.) This taupe color already made a big difference. For the drawer I used Deco Americana Relic chalky paint. Since I have seen others use chalk paint for metal handles, I tried that, too.  Using the same taupe, it covered well.  To complete the transformation I waxed the whole piece using the Americana creme wax. 



Project number two this week started out as a mystery piece. This wooden 'thing' has a spring loaded sliding wood piece. A few of us could not figure out what it was. My hubby to the rescue- he figured out it would hold a decorator plate! 



This is the completed piece with an Americana themed plate.  I painted the wooden piece with Americana Relic chalky paint. Once it dried, I sanded back a bit to distress it. I sealed it with the Americana creme wax.







This is one of my fun projects.  I made some chalk paint with plaster of Paris.  I painted the whole table the light blue. I then came back with red, white and blue to make the flag. Stencilled stars complete the look. From there I went a bit rough with the sandpaper to give it a chippy look. It's for my Americana themed family room.



This vanity started out white but lacked personality.  I removed all the knobs and doors and painted the vanity with BeautiTone Exterior paint from Home Hardware. No other top coat used, this exterior paint holds up well in the bathroom.

That's about it for now, thanks for looking! I am getting excited to do more projects, will be painting up a storm and also continuing with my knitting.  Christmas will soon be here!

If you have any questions or would like me to complete a project for you, contact me at penandinkwell@yahoo.com

I can also be found on Pinterest!




No comments:

Post a Comment