Thursday, October 23, 2014

Busy Hands for October

I continue to work on projects, some of them can't be posted on-line until after Christmas as they are gifts...it's that time of year to get your gift list together.  

So here are is just a small sample of what I have been doing! 




This is a plaque for a new baby girl. I stained the wood then painted the lettering with acrylic paint. I painted the edges and then floated pink around it.  For protection I used Deco Americana soft wax. I have been using it on some furniture and thought I would see how it worked on a plaque.....
it worked nicely!







This scarf is made using double strands of multi-colored yarn in green, blue and white.
 It is about 58" long and I finished it off with fringe.






These two canvas signs are for brothers-in-law for Christmas.  Acrylic paint on canvas board, sanded back the paint a bit to make it look a bit rougher.  Top coated with varnish.  I drilled holes and inserted wire to hang.



Before and After

I found a couple of wooden buckets at a thrift store and painted them with Deco Americana paint, sanded the paint back a bit and then waxed it with the cream wax.  Raffia on the handle tops it off.


A marriage keepsake canvas board....black acrylic paint, lettered with gray Krylon enamel. 
 I floated gray around the edges.  
Not shown in this photo - I drilled holes and inserted black ribbon for hanging.





That's it for now, I will be making more projects and am excited to be receiving some 
General Finishes products that I will try out on a large piece.




Please contact me at penandinkwell@yahoo.com



You can also visit me on Pinterest and see all the fun pins!





No comments:

Post a Comment