Friday, September 19, 2014

Fall is already in the air...perfect knitting weather!

I've been busy creating so here are some of my newest projects!


This is a sign for a wedding - the placecard sticks will go into caramel apples so the people can take a treat (the apple) and find their seat (with the numbered placecard.) The placecards are made of cardstock disks that I cut on the Cricut machine, I added the guests' names in calligraphy. The little couple on top is a design I created for the theme of invitations, etc. and I did each one individually. The disk is then glued onto the stick and raffia added. There is a space for the table number.



This will sit flat on the entrance table. It is a reclaimed frame, painted flat black and dry brushed. With a foam core backing, I then put black bristol board for a background and then white bristol board on top of that. The guests will sign the white board. I lettered it with black ink and added a raffia bow.



This before and after is an old settee.  I stripped off all of the fabric to begin with. My husband cut new wood pieces for inserts and the seat. I painted it gray and then dark waxed it to bring out the details. The trim (hard to see it) is black along the bottom of the new cushion. I got vintage fabric at a thrift store and washed it then used it for the cushion cover.




This is a long infinity scarf knitted with two colors of yarn on large needles.
 I then stitched the ends together.  It's toasty warm.





This is a yellow knitted infinity scarf, I was fooling around designing a stitch repeat that I liked - knit and purl stitches.




A toddler cowl - pink acrylic yarn.  Safer for the little one to wear than a dangling scarf.




Extra long baby yarn scarf. Knitted and added fringe.  Super soft!


That's about it for now. I will be adding more projects as I complete them. 

I can be found on Pinterest at:


If you would like me to make a project for you, just ask!  I can be reached by email at:


Thanks for looking at my projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment